Workers’ Compensation Benefits to Which You May Be Entitled
Benefits in the Raleigh North Carolina Workers’ Compensation system can be broken into three broad categories:
- Post-accident medical benefits
- Post-accident compensation benefits
- Post-maximum medical improvement (MMI) benefits
At the Law Office of K. Gregory Gunter, we know that it can be difficult to understand what your rights are following a serious workplace accident. We are here to help you navigate the workers’ compensation system to ensure you are getting the medical treatment, pay and other benefits to which you are entitled.
Speak with an experienced lawyer regarding your on-the-job injuries. Call for a free 844-279-9114 consultation. Se habla español.
Your Rights Explained By An Experienced Work Accident Claim Attorney
Post-Accident Medical Benefits
If your initial claim is approved, your employer’s workers’ compensation company will direct the course of your treatment. Although this means that you do not initially get your choice of doctor, you can petition to see another doctor — or one of your choosing — if you believe you are not receiving the care you need. We can help you get the proper approval for this treatment through your employer, its insurer or the North Carolina Industrial Commission.
Post-Accident Compensation Benefits
If you are unable to work for an extended period of time, you are entitled to weekly payments. Payments are equal to two-thirds of your weekly pay, based on the 52-week period prior to your injury.
- The maximum weekly benefit an injured worker can receive is $944.00 for 2016.
- Under the current law, injured workers may be eligible to receive these benefits for up to 500 weeks after their date of injury.
- Post-Maximum Medical Improvement Benefits
Once you have reached maximum medical improvement, there are several options that you may be able to pursue based on your ability and your employer’s needs:
- Return to work for your employer in the same or different position
- Return to work for a different employer
- Participate in vocation retraining
- Negotiate a monetary settlement
There are many things to consider when evaluating your options. We will help make sure that you pursue the option that is in your best interests and that helps you maintain financial security while taking into account any long-term or permanent disability.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation | Hablamos Español
Raleigh workers’ compensation benefits attorney K. Gregory Gunter and the rest of our legal team are ready to work for you. Call 919-670-1070, toll free 844-279-9114, for a free and confidential consultation at our Raleigh office.